Manage/lead the preconstruction/sales effort, for assigned projects, in the San Diego Construction group. Develop sales and new business through customer relationships, industry contacts and ongoing business development activities.
- Manage/lead preconstruction process, for assigned projects, including: budgeting, estimating, bidding, engineering, operations turnover, etc.
- Develop written sales proposals and present them to customers
- Work with a variety of customers types including: owners, tenants, developers, general contractors, etc.
- Perform duties through a variety of project delivery methods including: plan & spec, design-build, design-assist, etc.
- Manage and lead PRM project team through project interviews & presentations
- Develop conceptual designs & estimates throughout project planning phase
- Support Operations at project start and throughout project as needed
- Represent the company in preconstruction/design meetings with owners, architects and other design professionals
- Manage and cultivate ongoing relationships with existing customers
- Initiate and participate in marketing events and customer interactions (i.e., lunches, sporting events, industry events, entertaining, etc.)
- Generate new prospective customers through typical business development activities
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Develop/expand familiarity with the systems, components and materials we routinely install as part of our business
- Develop/expand understanding of design principals for HVAC, plumbing, controls and process piping as required to perform preliminary/conceptual designs
- Develop/expand understanding of various mechanical system costs
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of codes and standards that affect our industry
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of industry trends and developing technologies
- Establish yourself professionally in the local industry by getting involved in trade and professional organizations and societies
- Develop/expand general knowledge in all aspects of the construction industry and our company, such as: project management, job cost and financial reports, safety, insurance and legal
- Attend ongoing training as made available by the company to facilitate the personal growth outlined above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- E.I.T. certification (or the ability to obtain the certification)
- P.E. certification (or the ability to obtain the certification)
- Minimum of two years engineering or mechanical construction experience
- Equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience will be considered for the above qualifications
Other requirements include:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Send Resume to HR@prmech.com