Consult with clients, sales engineers and project managers to establish scope of work and basis of design. Prepare design materials for design assignments. This includes detailed
analysis, engineering calculations, equipment research, code review and sketches required to prepare documents, specifications and drawings. Also prepare energy analysis reports,
engineering reports and feasibility studies.
- Perform engineering responsibilities including load calculations, Title-24, equipment selection, design documents, specifications, energy analysis, and CAD drafting
- Maintain engineering knowledge base and stay current with design standards, applicable engineering codes, and new products and concepts
- Provide technical engineering information to field personnel to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction applicable to the Mechanical HVAC field
- Provide supervision and/or technical direction, (i.e., print interpretation, design intent, construction feasibility), to engineers, drafters, and/or other personnel assigned to area of work to insure work is completed in proper sequence
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule and within allotted budget. If schedule or budget issues arise call attention to the issue ahead of time.
- Support other departments within the company as a technical resource
- Perform required tasks with little or no specific instruction or direction
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Required education and experience: Four-year mechanical engineering degree and 0-5 years related experience. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and
communicate effectively with others. Certification as EIT or PE is preferred.
Send Resume to HR@prmech.com